Monday, March 27, 2017

Water Runs

On Mondays I'm in 3 East doing what I call "water runs." A typical monday starts by me gathering materials such as a cart, water pitchers, straws, cups and a diet sheet. Then I highlight which rooms can't have water if they are marked NPO. This may mean that they are having a procedure done and can not have any food or fluid in their bodies. On some occasions I also refill gloves and cubbies. The cubbies usually consist of things such as syringes, wipes, medications which I obtain from the utility closet. Once I've gathered everything I proceed to go from room to room refilling gloves, cubbies and asking the patients if they need anything, morse specifically drink wise. Below are some pictures of what Mondays usually look like for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment