Monday, May 8, 2017

Busy Bee

Usually on Tuesdays the Outpatient Lab is rather slow but more recently I found myself running back and forth receiving and delivering specimen throughout the lab. Upon arrival there had already been bags of specimen waiting to be scanned into the computer and more on its way as there were no extra tubes in the lab; they were all sent out to different areas of the hospital. So I immediately got to work and began scanning and organizing the samples to be delivered to their designated areas within the lab. But each time I made my way to go deliver them, it seemed that more tubes would arrive containing even more specimen waiting to be scanned into the computer. It is essential that the specimen with the "STAT" labels be scanned and delivered immediately as opposed to those that are just "routine" samples; and for the most part all these samples were labeled "STAT" so I had to move quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment